James 1 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁶ But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. ⁷ For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. ⁸ A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
A double minded man is a man who is not sure with anything! He is a man in constant worry, doubt and fear!
Fear is a counter weapon used by the devil against the children of God! The scripture is very clear as from whence the spirit of fear does not proceed from! By this, we can easily understand that since fear is not from God, it is from the devil!
“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”
— Romans 8:15 (KJV)
Yes, the Spirit of God working in us is the Spirit of Adoption by which we were granted a sonship previlege in John 1:12.
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
— John 1:12 (KJV)
I choose Faith.
WANT OR NEED?
Text : Rom.8.27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (KJV)
Def: A want is what man think he deserves. It is the will of man for himself.
A need is what God thinks man deserves.
Need is the will of God for man.
Therefore, you have to choose between your will and God’s will. The things you want most are not important, it matters what you need, and not what you want.
Learn to draw the line.
The greatest need for an non believer is Salvation and not miracles, healings, money.
The greatest need of a Saved Person is transformation and not breakthroughs.
The greatest need of a Transformed person is Empowerment .
The greatest need of humanity is the gospel.
Jer.17.10 But I know! I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve." (NLT)
If God turns down your wish/want, he always has a better idea for you.
You Know what you want but God knows what you need.
God is not a scammer, He gives each man what he/she deserves. What they need. God is a rewarder! Each man is given according to his deeds.If you understand this, you will save yourselves from so many worries.
Prayer is not just about being vibrant, roaring like a lion, calling yourself a prayer warrior! It is about motives! God keeps an eye beyond your tears.
Tears don’t move God, faith does, motive does.
Jas.4.3 And even when you do ask, you don’t get it because your whole motive is wrong–you want only what will give you pleasure. (NLT)
As long as Hannah prayed for God to give her a child so that she would be saved from shame of barrenness, God didn’t give her a child!
In other words, it was not reason enough for God to give her a child.
The day that she changed her motive, intention, they day that she forfeited her will/want and allowed the will of God (need) to prevail, is the day God gave her a child.
1Sam.1.11 And she made this vow: “O LORD Almighty, if you will look down upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime, and as a sign that he has been dedicated to the LORD, his hair will never be cut.” (NLT)
I choose to allow the will of God in my life than forcing my own will to produce results.
Note that a will of man too produces results, but the result is as counterfeit as the will. It is like using the back door. The results won’t last.
God loves you.
Give Him a chance to give you what you need.
THE YEAR OF REDEEMING TIME.
- If you meet an intelligent challenge, use the divine intelligence.
1Cor.14.2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. (KJV).
See amplified :
1Cor.14.2 For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding].(AMP)
- Let us take a look at this verse 1Cor.14.2 For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God,
- There is a difference between speaking to God and speaking to men. When speaking to God, men have no need of understanding what you are telling God. Why? Because the Bible has already made it clear that , no man will understand. Check that;
“for no one understands or catches his meaning,”
Now, by virtue that no man understands does not mean that it has no meaning!
- Tongues is a coded language in the spirit that carries mysteries.It only makes sense in the Spiritual realm. Let’s have a look in the next part,
“because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding]. (AMP)
- Glory to God! Now remember my introductory statement. There is a difference between speaking to God and speaking to man.
- Thus, when speaking to God, there is no need for interpretation! How can you interpret to God? The master of all languages, earthly and heavenly?
- Now, when a man speaks to God in tongues, he is edified/build up!
- Praying in tongues is a spiritual exercise that stretches our spiritual muscles and expands our capacity to host the dimensions of God. Notice what the scripture says in Jude 20.
Wait on before we read Jude 20,
Somebody is about to misinterpret me on the above statement. Notice that I did not say, there is no need to interpret the tongues, are you with me? I said this, let me repeat for your sake, “There is no need to interpret if you are speaking to God.” That’s if you have to channel it to God, you don’t need to worry over interpretation. God is a omniscient and He grasps that prayer language. Keep on edifying yourself as you trust God for the gift of interpretation for the sake of edifying the church also.
However, if you are speaking to men, that’s giving a word that concerns them in other tongues,you need an interpretation so that they may understand and also be edified. This is what we now call Prophecy.
Tongues + Interpretation of tongues = Prophecy.
Prophecy edifies the church.
Are you following?
- When a man speaks to God in tongues, he is edified/build up!
- When man speaks in other tongues concerning men and he interprets,men are edified. The church is edified.
- Both personal edification and church edification are important.
Now let’s read Jude 1.20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,(KJV)
- Apostle Paul makes it clear that when we pray in unknown tongue, our spirit prays but our understanding is unfruitful. In other words, our mind cannot grasp what our spirit is saying unless you receive the gift of interpretation.
- Paul says that he would pray in the spirit and he would also pray in understanding. Which was and is still more relevant and necessary even today.I wish to exhaustively discuss on this but time fail me.
- When you pray in other tongues, you do
pray in the spirit.
1Cor.14.14 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays, but my mind is unproductive [it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. (AMP)
- This is proof enough that tongues cannot be reasoned out or thought out! It is purely the spirit. That’s why when you were a non believer, you could not pray in other tongues.
- It is amazing that most people who criticize tongue speaking do not speak in tongues.
- In the Acts of the Apostles, we notice that people spoke in tongues only after the Holy Spirit had come upon them.
- Let’s read Acts the second chapter and the the fourth verses.
Acts 2 (KJV)
⁴ And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
- There is no evidence of people praying in other tongues in the Scriptures without the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- This verse reveals to us another aspect,,, follow keenly, let’s re-read the last part of verses 4. “…as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
- Did you get it? The people did the speaking while the Holy Spirit gave them utterance.(words).
- One of the dictionary definition of the word utterance is The ability to speak. That though they did the speaking, they received that very ability from the Holy Spirit.
- The New Living Translation renders it this way,
Acts.2.4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability. (NLT)
- If the Holy Spirit gave those who spoke the ability to speak, we can definately understand that the very words spoken proceeded from the Spirit for without the Spirit, no one can have the words to speak in other tongues. The Amplified Version helps us to understand exactly what happens.
Acts.2.4 And they were all filled (diffused throughout their souls) with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other (different, foreign) languages (tongues), as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression [in each tongue in appropriate words]. (AMP)
- Glory to God, as the Holy Spirit did what? – kept giving them clear loud expression, in appropriate words.
- Is God helping you? I now hope you understand what Apostle Paul was saying in his later to Romans. He says in the 8th chapter of Romans and verses number 26 that we do not know how to pray as we ought to, but luckily enough, we have the helper, He is the Holy Spirit.
Rom.8.26 So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, _but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance. (AMP)
- Hallelujah, he prays for us. Yes, He does this through us when we allow Him. We allow Him by praying in the spirit. (In other tongues).
- The Holy Spirit cannot make intercession for us if we don’t allow him to. Therefore the ability to decide whether we want to pray in the spirit or in understanding is totally under our control.
- You need to be very keen here, when I speak of spirit and Spirit.(Note the use of lower case and upper case respectively). I am referring to ;
- (spirit) as Our own spirit/human spirit.
- (Spirit) as The Holy Spirit of God.
THE YEAR OF REDEEMING TIME
2Cor.6.14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? (AMP)
My Elder Brother/sister, should I educate you please?
Apostle Joshua Selman’s Teaching on relationship and marriage.
Dear Sisters, 4 Things a man must have before you marry him.
Reverence to God.
Not neccesarily a pastor,but just God fearing.
He must be a man who submit to the word of God as the final authority in ALL matters.
2.He must Submit to the earthly authority.
Especially a pastor. A man who does not have an authority over him is DANGEROUS, please daughter run away.
Never marry a man who does not have a pastor, a mentor, a spiritual authority, an elderly person.
¶There must be a personality he has covenanted to listen to. (Otherwise who will defend you when things go wrong?)
¶No matter how wrong a man or a woman may be,if there is someone he can listen to, you are still safe.
¶Sister, if you tell him let’s go and see the pastor and he refuses, run away from him. That’s how when he will slap you and you tell him let’s take this to the pastor he will refuse.
¶The man must clearly show you a father/mother figure over him.
¶ The only reason a man can refuse to be under authority is when he is planning to be unfaithful.
The purpose of submitting to earthly authority is ;
i. For mentorship.
ii. For Building
ii. For Correction.
3.He must have passion for you.
Passion is an adjective that qualifies the degree/extent of love.Any man who does not have passion for you will be UNFAITHFUL.
It is statistically confirmed that over 75-80% of men even in Christian families, married men within the first five years of their Marriage have been unfaithful to their wives. Not because they are bad, it’s passion.
A man who has passion for you is the one of course who knows that other ladies are beautiful as well but you are his wife.
Prov.31.29 “Many women have done wonderful things, but you’ve outclassed them all!” (MSB)
Any man who can’t acknowledge this is dangerous already.
Not that a beautiful lady passes by and even the wife herself is afraid because she knows the kind of man she is married to. Vulnerability!
There are other wicked ladies out there who are not just going to leave your man just because he is married. They are not afraid of a ring, if you like add two rings. They will still hunt down your man.
So we need to be aware that battles continue even when we Marry.
When he has passion for you, he will survive. If he doesn’t have passion for you, he will succumb.
Thus passion and love for you is very important. If you can’t trace passion, please sister don’t marry him.
Brothers, it is very ok to see a lady and just be fond of her. The mystery of attraction is when you find a lady or a person or an object demonstrating many things you perceive to represent value to you.
So if beauty represents value to man,even a Christian brother, it is impossible to see a pretty girl and pretend that he is spiritual. It is only that he has self control.
Therefore Brothers listen, whenever you see that you are attracted to a lady, it is not enough reason to go and ask them out. That’s lack of self control.
4.Never marry a man who is irresponsible.
To be responsible means to be aware of the cost dimension of life. There must be a demonstration of responsibility.
There are many brothers who are irresponsible, christian brothers inclusive, tongue talking christian brothers!
It is to know that anything that must be done,must be done by someone. There must be people who do it.
The Bible says that;
“For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.”
— Hebrews 3:4 (KJV)
Yes, everything that needs building needs a builder! This builder is me and you! Don’t sit down and be lazy.
An irresponsible person says, “They have not done it.”
A responsible person says, “Can we do it?”
Irresponsibility produces laziness.
What causes irresponsibility.
overpampered does not neccesarily mean that you come from a rich family, a poor family can still overpamper you.
A man is 18 years old and the moment he is washing clothes, you say, “Is there not a house help,wash for him, because we have a washing machine in our house.”
A young man who is supposed to start learning to be responsible, he goes out and by 4 o’clock, you are ringing his phone, “Return home.” It looks like you are trying to be disciplinary but there is an age range where he needs to be home and there is an age range where that guy is supposed to be submissive! Maybe he is in church as a choir director, and you are now calling a mature boy of 19 years, “where are you, come home.” So the guy is now 25 years and he stays home.
He married his wife and he stays home just like mumie said. Obedient child! Nobody goes out to get food again because he has been trained, “come home.”
They always expect to be recepients not contributors, it’s not their fault. It’s as a poor upbringing that could not breed responsibility.
They are born again, love God, but anything that discomforts then a little, they don’t want it.
Remember this, irresponsibility produces laziness.
ii. Waiting for everything to be done for you”
This is the second thing that causes irresponsibility.
Things will not always be done for you.
It is your duty to make things happen for yourself.
Praying alone won’t help if responsibility factor is not introduced in the equation.
Everyone must work and Apostle Paul makes it clear.
In the text below,
“For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, if any would not work, neither should he eat.”
— 2 Thessalonians 3:10 (KJV)
This was meant to discourage laziness and irresponsibility by all means. He highlights the severity of the punishment that must accompany those that tend to be irresponsible. This means that eating and work go hand in hand, hunger and laziness are thus also inseparable.
That’s how God has designed it.
Sisters, if he is not responsible, don’t marry him.
For ladies who will come across this
If you successfully ignore it, mark this date and write my name under it! You will surely regret. It doesn’t matter how romantic you think you are, how intelligent you think you are, if you ignore any of those, you must cry some day!
That’s is pure truth. It shall be better to her who didn’t read it.
The scripture must be the basis of everything in a Christian Life.
Jas.4.17 So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin. (AMP)
For men, let’s meet tommorow at this WhatsApp Pulpit.
Also see 6 things that a lady must have before you marry her under this publication.
what’s your take on this? Share your opinions